Thursday, August 25, 2011

KENYAN HOUSEWIVES



       
So jana I was one with my friends who opened my eyes about how now we are constantly living on a 24hr reality show which  I call "Kenyan Single Celeb Housewives" ( Housewives of Nairobi, Housewives of Mombasa, Housewives of u name it, Kange Housewives, Jobless corner housewives and all other single housewives). Don't get me wrong am not hating on the show, they got a way to make money through shouting to the whole world about their relationship status. Kudos to them in fact if I was in a situation to make money through my relationship status I would jump for it no hesitation. But lets get this straight the dressing and the makeup is for a show. Let us just be honest the word reality is just a gimmick to get the ratings up. How the*@$# would it be reality if you have a camera crew glaring at your face. And when am talking about the camera crew am not talking about just the camera guy but also the lighting guy, the sound guy and the list could go on and on and on. And I am sure that they have takes and breaks, by now you get where am heading: THEY ARE NOT REALITY SHOWS shocking I know!!!
So enough about the show and back to the topic at hand Kenyan Single Celeb Housewives. Seriously honey what looks good on t.v. does not mean that it will look good in real life and most importantly on you. Why, you ask. Well there is this little magic tool called PHOTOSHOP and honey it doesn't work on real life. Why go kill yourself with  shoes you barely can walk on, clothes that you are clearly uncomfortable in to the point that you are so self conscious that all of us can notice and I can go on with no end. So I know that most of you guys must be saying that am hating but really I am just saying as it is. People in the streets are looking like they stepped out of the t.v. and to be honest for me it looks a bit too plastic. Don't get me wrong that does not mean that we look drab no all am saying is what happened to guys have their own sense of style. I don't mind if you decide that to look like a hobo but if you can rock it go for it .


Seriously our lack of one sense of style has lead to us looking like we are wearing a uniform. Remember when the checked shirts were "in'' in one day I think I would see about 100(OK am exaggerating but you get) and let me not even start on the tights. So the moral of the whole story I kinda think that it is about time that we try and have our own sense of style lets not dictate what we are going to wear cause we saw on t.v. I honestly think that Kenyans can have their own fashion sense if they want. Anyways guys have a fantastic day remember have your own sense of style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment